All new supervisors are required to complete a supervisory development program per s.230.046 (2), Wis. Stats. To meet this requirement, agencies either develop agency specific supervisory curriculum or send their supervisors to the DPM training. To enroll in DPM New Supervisor Development training, go to Employee Self-Service (ESS) by logging into the PeopleSoft sign-in page. At the home page, click on the My Learning tile.
New Supervisor Development Training will provide supervisors with information and action steps relating to the following topics: Being a Manager, Emotional Intelligence, Finding Your Leadership Voice, Hiring and Selection, Difficult Conversations, Performance Evaluations, and Diversity.
At the end of this session, learners will be able to:
1. Develop staff while maintaining accountability.
2. Utilize the four components of Emotional Intelligence in leadership.
3. Determine and use the best leadership style for various situations.
4. Successfully select and hire new candidates.
5. Conduct difficult conversations with staff.
6. Complete the performance evaluation process with staff.
7. Maintain an inclusive, respectful, and professional team environment.