Bureau of Training & Development (BTD) provides engaging and inspirational learning experiences for staff in all state agencies (Enterprise-wide). BTD’s curriculum of professional development, management and leadership, and team development training will build a blueprint for personal and team success. Our training incorporates best practices in modern learner engagement and is continually improved based on feedback from participants, trainers, and leadership.
The Bureau of Training and Development is committed to providing efficient, effective, and essential skills development and learning support services to all State of Wisconsin agencies, through Learning Management System oversight, eLearning development, and instructor-led opportunities.
Empower, educate, prepare, and inspire state workers to grow to their full potential so they may best serve the public.
Bureau of Training & Development Quarterly Flyer
Click on the flyer of training opportunities for all State of Wisconsin employees below to see a list of class titles, dates, and times available this quarter.
BTD Quarterly Training Opportunities Flyer
How to register for classes
- Login to the learning management system through PeopleSoft Employee Self Service (the same place you enter payroll time).
- Select the My Learning tile to get more information on the classes and register for training.
- Access job aids on how to search for courses, register for courses, and perform other tasks in the learning management system at
Who to contact
For questions regarding the sessions in this flyer or class registration, please contact the Bureau of Training and Development at
Annual Mandatory Trainings Available in Spanish
We are pleased to announce that the following three mandatory trainings are available in the learning management system in Spanish as well as English:
- 2023 State of Wisconsin IT Security Awareness Training - Just the Facts
- Respectful Workplace: Harassment and Discrimination Prevention is Everybody's Business (2023)
- Wisconsin Public Records Law (2023)
Below are the steps in English to complete the trainings.
Steps to Complete Spanish Mandatory Trainings.pdf
Nos complace anunciar que las siguientes tres capacitaciones obligatorias están disponibles en el sistema de gestión del aprendizaje tanto en español como en inglés:
- Capacitación de concientización sobre seguridad TI del Estado de Wisconsin 2023, solo los hechos
- Un lugar de trabajo respetuoso: la prevención del acoso y la discriminación es asunto de todos (2023)
- Ley de registros públicos de Wisconsin (2023)
Se adjuntan los pasos en español para completar las capacitaciones.
Pasos para completar las formaciones obligatorias en español.pdf
Does your team need an instructor-led training that's not listed in this quarter's flyer? Do you want to develop an online training? Team leads can complete this training request form to connect with BTD. Once we receive the request, we'll reach out to discuss how we can help.
Training Request Form
Please note that training project assignment is based on staff availability, Agency-wide or Enterprise-wide priorities, and potential unforeseen circumstances. Changes in a training session by requestor may also affect scheduling.
BTD strives to create training that is accessible to all users. We have created the BTD Accessibility Best Practices to guide you in ensuring the accessibility of the materials you create for use in your online or instructor-led training project.
If you will be submitting a request for online training, please read the
BTD eLearning Material Guidelines, which provides guidelines to follow while creating your training materials that will ensure the highest quality of your online training project.