Tax Information

How to Update Your Tax Withholdings

Federal Taxes

All employees who have access to Employee Self-Service are able to change their federal tax withholdings at any time.  Employees can make these updates by following the instructions in the ePay Job Aid for tax withholding.

State Taxes

Updates to state tax withholdings must be done via paper and specifically by using form WT-4.  Employees complete the form and submit to their agency's payroll and benefits staff.  Instructions are located in the bottom right portion of the form.

Annual Mailings

All employees are encouraged to sign up for electronic W-2 forms in Employee Self-Service.  This will ensure the most efficient delivery of the form to each employee and provides a convenient storage location for easy reference and printing.  Employees are able to select paper delivery if preferred.

  • W-2s are sent each January to state employees documenting the previous year's earnings.  Each box on the form is described in the W-2 Explanation.

  • 1095-Cs are sent each February to state employees to certify health insurance coverage each employee was offered or enrolled in for the previous year.  More information is available in the 1095-C Explanation.  Employees are encouraged to receive these forms electronically as well in Employee Self Service.