The Bureau of Merit, Recruitment and Selection (BMRS) is responsible for the rules, policies and programs relating to recruitment and selection personnel transactions for permanent appointments in classified service, including new original hires, transfer, promotion, demotion, reinstatement, restoration, and layoff. Additionally, BMRS is the authority for matters relating to probation, temporary workforce appointments (limited term, projects, and acting assignments), and the Code of Ethics for classified service. BMRS responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing specialized hiring programs and reporting: Non-competitive, Disabled Veterans, Disabled Expanded Certification Program, Veterans, W2.
- HR Data Analytics & Reporting including manage workforce metrics and analytics, collecting, reporting, and analyzing enterprise data; serve as back up in writing/running queries, exit Interviews, and workforce demographics.
- Reviewing and approving non-delegated actions, such as involuntary transfers and demotions, career executive reassignments, lengthened/extended probation, and layoff.
- Assisting agencies with interpretation of statutes and rules.
- Providing technical advice on assessment tools, statistical analysis, and special projects.
- Reviewing and conducting staffing activities for non-delegated agencies and job titles.