The Bureau of Training and Development is committed to providing efficient, effective, and essential skills development and learning support services to all State of Wisconsin agencies, through Learning Management System oversight, eLearning development, and instructor-led opportunities.
Empower, educate, prepare, and inspire state workers to grow to their full potential so they may best serve the public.
BTD major responsibilities include:
- Conducts training needs assessments in collaboration with agency stakeholders and identifies resources necessary to meet identified employee and supervisory training needs.
- Provides training consultation and curriculum development services to state agencies to help meet identified training needs.
- Consultant on program specific training initiatives (human resources certification project, cybersecurity curriculum, various agency leadership programs, etc.).
- Develop and maintain library of computer-based training modules on enterprise-wide topics (public records, interviewing principles, various new employee onboarding topics, etc.).
- LMS (Cornerstone) Administration.
- Leadership training and development offerings: New supervisor development, Enterprise Management Development Academy (EMDA).
- Employee training and development offerings: New employee orientation, diversity and inclusion development, self and team assessment tools.